Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brainstorming Your Body Paragraphs

Hello all! Today we'll look at your thesis statements and then you'll begin brainstorming for the body paragraphs.

When reviewing a thesis statement, look for the following:

1. Does the thesis contain an argument or claim about the novel, Night?
2. Is the thesis statement descriptive?

Tony Perkis is a big jerk in the film Heavyweights.

-versus-

In the film Heavyweights, Tony Perkis appears to be a big jerk because he's self-obsessed, abusive, and only commercially motivated.

3. Is the author and title included?
Please use complete sentences to respond to all 3 items directly on your peer’s sheet.


IN YOUR NOTEBOOKS:
Body paragraphs: How will each body paragraph relate to your thesis?

EXAMPLE:In body paragraph 1, I will focus on how Tony Perkis is self-obsessed. This relates to my thesis because his vanity and pridefulness develop him as an unsympathetic jerk.

In body paragraph 1, I will focus on__________. This relates to my thesis because___________

In body paragraph 2, I will focus on___________. This relates to my thesis because____________

In body paragraph 3, I will focus on___________. This relates to my thesis because____________
                         

Find quotes to support each of the main ideas of your body paragraphs.

Remember: you must include 2 examples per body paragraph

1 comment: