Thursday, May 15, 2014

Writing letters to Vets

Even though I truly believe you are doing this out of the goodness of your hearts, I would like to reward promptness in regards to completing your letters. Ergo, if 2/3 of the class (that means, 14 students in 8-1, 12 students in 8-2, and and 13 students in 8-3) has a copy of their letter by Monday, I will provide play reading groups with juice and donuts for the following day (Tuesday).


Also, the subject-verb agreement in the bold sentence gave me some trouble. Should it be: 2/3 of the class has or 2/3 of the class have?  I did some research but it's still a bit hazy. This is one of those great moments where grammar (small g) is truly grammar (explorative, wild, untamed, versus rigid and strict).

 If you're curious, here's the blog I checked: grammar exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment