Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dear 8th Grade

Dear 8th Grade,

This is a weird feeling for me. I never had to say goodbye to a class before, let alone a class that I deeply care about, and will continue to care about. I just wanted to let you know how much I loved (yes, loved) working with you this year. Everday since 10:30AM on June 25 when Mr. Tata called to offer me the job, I've been looking forward to seeing you and hearing your strange and beautiful comments on life. I will still have this feeling up until June 24th at approximately 7:30 PM, when we we're all together for the very last time. If you're keeping count, that's 364 days and 9 hours that you've been the very first thing on my mind. And it saddens me that I won't have your goofiness, sincerity, thoughtfulness, and friendliness to look forward to or experience each day. But lucky for me, memories aren't bound by minutes, hours, days, or years. I'll treasure them forever.

I'm probably supposed to give some advice at this point so I'm going to share with you something my elementary school principal said just about everyday: Remember who you are and what you are about.
If you can do this, you'll have no problem "letting your body out" on the dance floor.

I'll always consider myself your teacher. Best of luck in the future, and I'll see you further on down the road.

Love,

Mr. B.